- Adebusoye Ademola
Think about this, eating dodo and eggs as a single meal packed with the delicious goodness of vegetables, meat, herbs and spices. Yep yep! That’s what I am talking about. A burst of flavours in one forkful.
This was what I intended to do making this recipe. I enjoy Nigerian and western fusions. It gives character to a meal. A frittata is an egg based Italian dish, similar to an omelette. It is very versatile.
My hubby had this for breakfast and he said; “Baby, this is delicious”. I had to wrap up some extras in an aluminium foil for him to take out as lunch. Trust me, this may end up becoming a Sunday morning breakfast recipe in your home.
Now, let me show you how to make this very easy meal.
As usual, I love making meals with easily accessible ingredients that you can find in your local stores or supermarket. Feel free to be creative with your spices, vegetables and cold cuts (ham, bacon, sausages).
Get some ripe plantain, slice or dice them if you wish.
Fry in hot oil until golden brown or spray with olive oil and bake in an oven (for the health freaks).
Slice/dice the vegetables.
In a bowl, break the eggs and add all the spices and herbs. Mix together thoroughly.
Transfer the egg mix into a bigger bowl and add the vegetables to it, then mix together.
* If using ham, bacon or sausages, fry in a pan and cut into bits to add to the mix. I was in a hurry to give hubby his breakfast and had little time to fry my cold cuts.
Pour the mix into a greased pan and spread evenly with a fork.
Cover and set over low heat for 10 minutes.
Then, transfer to a pre-heated oven and bake for 5 to 10 minutes until it is set.
Nicely done, huh?!
Cut out a nice warm slice for yourself.
Here is a handy printable.
- 2 ripe plantains
- 4-6 eggs
- 1 green pepper
- 2 big habanero pepper
- 1 medium size onion
- 1 cup beans sprouts (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder or crush and add 2 cloves of fresh garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano (optional)
- Seasoning cubes
- Salt to taste
- 1 cup vegetable oil to fry plantain
- 1. Cut and fry or bake plantains.
- 2. Slice vegetables.
- 3. In a bowl, mix eggs with all the spices and herbs. Then transfer to a bigger bowl and add the vegetables and fried ham, bacon, sausages etc. Mix properly together.
- 4. Transfer content to a greased non-stick pan. Set over low heat, cover with a lid and cook for 10 minutes.
- 5. Then transfer into a pre-heated oven and bake for 5 to 10 minutes until it is set.
- * Serve warm
- * It could be used as breakfast served with beverages, a side dish or Tv meal.